Thursday, July 16, 2015

Nani Kama Mama?

Translation: Who's like Mama?  Answer: NO ONE!!

We are just off Mount Kilimanjaro having successfully reached Uhuru Peak, the highest point on the tallest freestanding mountain in the world (5,895 meters or 19,341 feet).

Both me and Mama made it to the top against really quite impossible odds, starting with our ages - her 70, me 40 - but also a lot of other factors: the fickle elements, the grueling trek, the fact that we're basically Washingtonians/New Yorkers who do NOT climb mountains!!

At any rate, still sore and tired from our journey, I'll make this post short and sweet and regale you with an account of our adventure at greater length once I've got my mojo back.

Until then, enjoy this photo of me and my Mama, best friend, and soulmate on top of the world with the guides who got us there.  Truly an unbelievable experience shared with the person who knows me best in this world, who brought me into this world, and who damn near took me out of this world on the way to the "Roof of Africa."  We did it, people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment